Friday, February 12, 2016

KRE-O Optimus Prime MOD Version



Some new Lego and bricks fans may not even know KRE-O had such good products before. The recent KRE-O Transformers: Age of Extinction sets were pretty bad (in general so-called Lego standard). Low accuracy, bad structure, scaling disaster, etc stopped me from purchasing any one of them. However, it made the old Transformer G1 (Generation 1) series more valuable. Although the original designs were not good, it gave people a lot of room to rebuild and redesign. This Optimus Prime set was a great example. It wasn't my own MOD. I built it from a sample I found online. If the original designer read this, please let me know. I want to add your name in this blog post.



This MOD used the bricks came with the original set which was Michael Bay version Optimus Prime. I couldn't say I hate the Bay version but I preferred G1 version. I thought most guys in 30~40's like G1 OP more. Not sure that this set was still available in Amazon.com or not when you read this post. I strongly recommended you to get one if you saw it. I got other G1 KRE-O sets from the long-gone XS Cargo store in a few years ago in very cheap prices.


You wouldn't know why KRE-O hired good people on building cars/trucks but not robots before giving a green light on this product line...

All joints in this MOD were built by ball-joints. I could freely pose it without any problem but they were not very strong. I read someone mentioned they had the issue with the heavy Destroyer MOD, online. I also wanted to get that set but they were all gone.

Maybe one day, I will improve it when I have time...

I will show you Bumblebee MOD later. Thanks for reading!

1 comment: