Wednesday, March 16, 2016

LEPIN Star Wars: First Order Snowspeeder (First MOD) & LEGO Standard Issue



I actually purchased the LEGO First Order Snowspeeder before the The Force Awakens in cinema. I returned it to Toy R Us after I found out the whole scene was cut from the movie. During the process of writing blog post about LEPIN, I purchased its Transporter and this Snowspeeder. The experience this time is a bit better because there is no missing parts.

I don't like this Snowspeeder because of the scale problem. It's much larger than the "actual" thing. It should be about the size of a minivan. Other than toys showing you the scale, you can see the official scale and details in the book below...





I believe if LEGO designers could make it smaller, they would do it. However, LEGO has its "LEGO Standard" which is everything has to be firm. Nothing will fall off. At the same time, the "play element" at the engine's stud shooters makes the engine much larger. I think the engines will be the next thing I will work on.



I move the gun 2 studs backward first. It looks a bit closer to the actual thing.



From top: Only the walls occupy 1 stud of space when the speeder should be a car size vehicle. This problem also happens in LEGO's sports car models. When the size is the right ratio with the minifigure, the model can't even hold 2 minifigures side by side.

There are a lot of other MOC online. You can use them as reference to build yours. I don't think I will spend time in this Snowspeeder MOC.



I want to point out the way LEGO designers building the wheels are pretty good (You like the wheels or not). It's not easy.

If you like this model, I strongly recommend the LEGO one. Don't take the risk with LEPIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment