Monday, October 17, 2016

Lego Star Wars Rebel U-Wing Fighter (75155)



Lego's U-Wing for the upcoming movie, Rogue One, is a pretty nice... except... the shorter wings, shorter engines and the over-sized troop storage at the bottom.

The easiest fix is the wings' length. From the ratio of the Hot Wheels model, the wings are roughly missing 8 studs. At the same time, there is a light grey 4x6 on one wing needed to be replaced with a white one. Simple fix. No brainer.



The next thing that I may fix will be the length of the white engines. They are just 1/2 of the actual length (see the Hot Wheels version at the bottom). It will be a simple fix too if I have 8 more parts for the engines and 4 more longer technic rods.



I also took away the stud shooters at the front and changed the "trigger buttons" on the blue front.

UPDATE:

3 comments:

  1. The U Wing is a gorgeous model with the white, blue, and gold colors.

    I like your mods and would like to incorporate them into my model when I finish it. Thank you for the ideas, and the blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would suggest moving the engines up one space. Have the engines connect at the 2nd and 3rd white cylinder instead of the 1st and 2nd. If you look at the engines the are definitely up forward more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried but the wings are too thick to pass between the engines if moving it forward.

    ReplyDelete