Saturday, February 4, 2017

LEGO The DeLorean Time Machine Modification (21103 )



This Back To The Future's DeLorean has been sitting inside my display case since 2014. I've touched it for years although I don't like the shape that Lego designed. The 2 steps design of the front bothers me a bit. Today, I took it out and did a simple modification.



I took this photo of 1:1 DeLorean at Osaka's Universal Studios



Look at the original structure of the front. Because of the 7 studs front end design, Lego did it like this. It was pretty bad for someone that building Lego 8 hours everyday as a job. I have no idea what happened during the product design process. My bet is cost controlling people changed this.



I did a painless modification on it. I rebuilt the front from 7 studs wide into 8 studs wide. At the same time, I extended the front plus I took out the annoying two steps thing. Actually, I wanted to add the slope at the front but it would take too much time to take things apart. May be later...



No comments:

Post a Comment